Airport's Busy Fourth of July Travel Week Begins Thursday
CLT Reminds Passengers to Plan Ahead
June 27, 2018 –Charlotte Douglas International Airport is anticipating a busy travel week with the upcoming Fourth of July weekend.
Last year, the Airport broke its originating passenger record (travelers who begin their trip at CLT) on June 30 when TSA processed 34,696 flyers through CLT security checkpoints. Large crowds are expected once again this week. Originating passenger numbers are projected to peak on Thursday, June 28 and Friday, June 29 with more than 32,000 travelers beginning their trip at CLT. To put that in context, on a normal day CLT averages 25,000 – 26,000 originating passengers and 100,000 connecting passengers.
TSA's Forecast For Passengers Screened|
|Thursday, June 28||33,730|
|Friday, June 29||32,720|
|Saturday, June 30||26,610|
|Sunday, July 1||28,220|
|Monday, July 2||24,150|
|Tuesday, July 3||20,070|
As always, travelers are encouraged to plan ahead, utilize the Hourly Deck for picking up and dropping off passengers (first hour is free) and to know CLT's parking options by visiting
the parking page.
CLT will have plenty of parking to accommodate drivers. Long Term Lots will fill first. Visit
parking.charlotteairport.com to view CLT's real-time parking map or call 704.359.5555. Please note, towing will be enforced for all illegally parked cars, including unattended vehicles on the curbside.
- Plan ahead.
- Follow the Airport on twitter
@CLTAirport for the latest information.
- TSA advises arriving two hours prior to a domestic flight, three hours prior to an international flight.
- Check with your airline on the status of your flight before coming to the Airport.
- Check real-time parking conditions online before leaving for CLT at
parking.charlotteairport.com or call 704.359.5555.
- Use the Hourly Deck for drop off and pick up.
The first hour is free and drivers will be in and out in less than ten minutes.
CLT's free Cell Phone Lot is located adjacent to Long Term Lot 1. Drivers may enter the lot directly off Josh Birmingham Parkway. The 150-space lot has one center isle for easy entry and exit.
- Only immediate loading and unloading are permitted on the curbside. If your vehicle is left unattended, it will be ticketed and towed.
- Park in designated parking spaces or your vehicle will be towed.
Passengers are advised to:
As a reminder, follow CLT's
Twitter feed (@CLTAirport) for the most up-to-date parking tips, and visit
parking.charlotteairport.com to view the real-time parking map. The latest Airport news.