The deadline for submitting bids on the Shopton Road property has passed. to stay in touch with the Airport regarding future land relesases, please contact email@example.com
In keeping with Mecklenburg County’s “Stay at Home” order issued March 24, 2020, the Shopton Road bid process will move online. For your bid to be considered, please email a scanned copy of your bid package to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3pm on April 1, 2020. The subject line should read “Shopton Road Bid”. Please direct questions to Jennifer Thompson at email@example.com.
Prepared for Takeoff
Shopton Road’s economic engine is humming and ready to go.
For today’s industrial commercial real estate market, properties don’t get any better than our site at Shopton Road. Why? It’s all about accessibility.
Our Shopton Road site gives businesses unprecedented easy access to:
- Charlotte Regional Intermodal Facility seamlessly linking freight operation by air, rail and truck with access to seaports.
- Charlotte’s highway delivery networks via I-485, I-85 and I-77.
- Airfreight and business travel into and out of Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
But this unique accessibility extends beyond air, roads and rail. It includes the resource most valued by businesses—people.
Our Shopton Road site helps businesses access a highly talented workforce:
- Located at the heart of Charlotte’s 2,569,213 metro population where the median age is under 35 and the majority of construction is under 20 years old
- Charlotte ranks 5th Fastest Growing City by U.S. Census Bureau
- Hundreds of skilled and educated Millennials arriving weekly
Making our Shopton Road site the perfect opportunity for businesses in:
- Logistics and distribution
- Retail and E-commerce warehousing and fulfillment
- Perishables and agribusiness
- Specialized, Value-added manufacturing
All this combined with the fact that our Shopton Road site is already entitled with I-1 conditional zoning for industrial development, it’s safe to say the property is cleared for takeoff. Ready to get in on the ground floor and come fly with us?
At a high level, the schedule for the sale of this property is as follows:
- 02/07/2020 | Issue Invitation to Bid
03/02/2020 | Non-mandatory pre-bid conference at 3:00 pm EST
04/01/2020 | Bid packages due via email by 3:00 pm EST (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 05/26/2020 | City Council authorization of sale
- 06/01/2020 | Earliest estimated date to close on properties
Additional questions? We'd love to chat. Contact Jennifer Thompson, the ITB Project Manager for this sale.
- Fact Sheet
- Shopton ITB Document
- Shopton ITB Exhibit B - Sample Contract
- Shopton ITB Exhibit C - Airport Land Deed Restrictions. Standard Form 12.5
- Shopton ITB Exhibit D - Approved Site Plan and Approved Uses
- Shopton ITB Exhibit E - Appraisal
- Shopton ITB Exhibit F - Final EA Shopton Road
- Shopton ITB Addendum I - Height Limitations (Issued March 2, 2020)
- Shopton ITB Addendum II - Questions and Answers (Issued March 2, 2020)
- Shopton ITB Addendum II.A - Shopton Final EA and FONSI with Attachments (Issued March 2, 2020)
- Shopton ITB Addendum III - Questions and Answers (Issued March 16, 2020)
The ITB Pre-Bid conference on March 2, 2020 will be held at the CLT Center at 5601 Wilkinson Blvd. Charlotte, NC 28208. Parking directions are available. If you cannot attend the conference in person, please email Jennifer Thompson to request WebEx access information.