Accolades and Awards
- Ranked second best airport nationwide for business travelers by TravelBank
- Named Economic Growth Champion of the Year by the Charlotte Chamber
- Awarded Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting by Government Financial Officers Association (GFOA) for fiscal year 2017 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (CAFR)
- Named the third most connected airport in the country for domestic services by OAG, an air travel intelligence company
- Aviation Department recognized by FEMA for Hurricane Florence operations
- Chief Operating Officer Jack Christine received the Laurel Award from the American Institute of Architects-Charlotte.
- CLT Public Affairs received Platinum MarCom Awards for Destination CLT (Integrated Marketing), Destination CLT (Communications Plan) and 2017 Report of Achievement (Annual Report).
- CLT Public Affairs received Gold MarCom Awards for Plane Talk (Internal Communications Plan) and Connections (Publication).
- CLT Public Affairs received an Honorable Mention from MarCom Awards for the Airport’s Twitter Site.
- Airport Communications won a Queen City Public Relations Award for Plane Talk in the category organizational relations/internal communications.
- Ranked third in Official Airline Guide’s (OAG) Megahubs U.S. Index 2017 top 25 most connected airports in the country for domestic services
- Received N.C. Department of Labor Gold Award
- Received Project of the Year Award from Southeastern Chapter of the American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE)
- Tied for sixth place with Minneapolis St. Paul in the J.D. Power customer service rankings among 18 mega airports
- Placed 11th in J.D. Power’s 2016 North American Airport Satisfaction Study
- Received the IMPACT Award from Charlotte Business Journal
- Received Certificate for Excellence in Financial Reporting from the Government Financial Officers Association (GFOA) for the Comprehensive Financial Report for Fiscal Year 2016
- Welcomed players, officials and spectators for the 99th PGA Championship at Quail Hollow Club
- Celebrated the 20th anniversary of rocking chairs in the terminal
- Viral dancing video to Lionel Richie’s “All Night Long (All Night)” at CLT made by passenger Mahshid Mazooji, received more than one million views and 12,000 likes
- Ranked third by Phoenix Marketing International PMI survey for customer satisfaction among large airports
- Received N.C. Department of Labor Silver Award
- Ranked third among large size airports in both parking accessibility and getting to the terminal according to a study conducted by Phoenix Marketing International’s mobile app
- Ranked second for excellence in strike reporting by The American Association of Airport Executives (AAAE) Bird Strike Committee for reporting during the 2016 AAAE Bird Strike Committee Conference
Received zero discrepancies on its 2015 FAA Part 139 inspection
- Named Sixth Best Airport for a Layover in 10 Best Readers’ Choice poll conducted by USA Today
- Refunding revenue bonds earned an Aa3 ranking
- Ranked fourth best domestic airport by Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards 2014 readers survey
- Standard & Poor’s A+ long-term rating and underlying rating (SPUR) for CLT was confirmed
- Ranked most competitive and second most efficient airport in North America according to Air Transport Research Society’s (ATRS) Global Airport Benchmarking Report
- Wilson Air Center ranked number one best small FBO chain and Wilson Air Center-Charlotte ranked 11th best FBO in the U.S. by Pro Pilot Magazine.
- Aviation International News named Wilson Air Center-Charlotte the fifth best FBO.
- FLTPlan.com Pilot’s Choice Awards rated Wilson Air Center-Charlotte the 13th best US FBO and number one best small FBO chain