Prepare For Travel
Review the helpful tips below to assist you as you prepare to travel through CLT.
- CLT consists of one terminal building connecting five concourses (A-E) as shown on the terminal map.
- There are no trams or shuttles to catch to connect from one flight to another. All gates are accessible under one roof.
- All concourses and aircraft gates are accessible from any security checkpoint.
- Security checkpoint lines may be adjusted during peak travel times to accommodate anticipated crowds. Pay close attention to signage and directions from personnel.
- Save time by printing boarding passes at home or using mobile boarding passes.
- Contact your airline before heading to the airport regarding:
- Baggage quantity, size and weight restrictions.
- The most current flight information.
- Wheelchairs, passenger loading lifts and special assistance throughout a connection, or an ADA escort.
- Curbside check-in availability.
- Firearms and dangerous weapons are prohibited by federal law at airport TSA screening checkpoints. Remove firearms from carry-on bags before traveling to the airport.
- CLT is a smoke-free facility; this includes all restaurants, bars, lounges and airline clubs. Smoking is allowed outside, 100 feet away from the terminal’s doorway. As smoking is only permitted outside the terminal, screening at a security checkpoint is required to return to the gate area.
Traveling with Children
- Allow extra time to check in and proceed through security checkpoints.
- Pack activities for children in your carry-on luggage.
- Explore interesting art installations throughout the terminal.
- Contact your airline before heading to the airport for escort assistance for a minor, or if you are meeting a child requiring assistance at the gate.
- Utilize the Mother’s Rooms if needed.
Traveling with Pets or Service Animals
- Check with your airline concerning specific policies for traveling with pets.
- Pet Relief Areas are located post-security inside the terminal and pre-security outside the Arrivals/Baggage Claim level.
- Except for service animals, pets are to remain in their carriers while in the terminal.
General Information Contacts
Airport Automated Information: 704-359-4910
Airport Information/Paging: 704-359-4013
Airport Parking: 704-359-4038
Visitor Info Center: 704-359-4027
City of Charlotte Aviation Department: 704-359-4900
Airport Law Enforcement & Emergency: 704-359-4012